Well, it’s been a longer wait than I wanted, but finally version .3 is just about here! I wanted to test it as much as I could, and I look forward to more people being able to get farther into the game and to help stamp out the last few known crash bugs!
Imperia V.300 Change Log/Readme
* Please uninstall any previous version of Imperia before installing a new version. I have not yet added patch ability. The good news is that the install is relatively quick.
* I am updating the Sourceforge Imperia wiki periodically and this will be the best document for questions and how to play Imperia. Please refer back to it frequently.
* Fixed numerous issues related to the save/load system
* Fixed an issue where the emperor power was not calculating correctly
* Fixed the ADM increase chance for the emperor – was almost impossible previously
* Added hotkey save/load system. F1 will hot save your current game and F2 will hot load from any point in the game. If there is a game version mismatch, the game will not load.
* Added system information display bar functionality hotkey ‘I’ to toggle between the system info bar displaying in the quadrant display as a player option while I chase down an annoying crash bug that results as a result of the SID bar displaying.
* Due to player request, pressing the ESC key in a screen other than the quadrant screen will act as a right click, i.e. take you one screen out. The ESC key on the quadrant screen will eventually bring up a popup menu that will allow you to exit, load, save, and return to the start menu; for this build, it will exit.
* When an unexpected crash occurs, a log folder is created under your C: directory, called ‘ImperiaLogs’. In addition, a popup window will appear explaining the specific exception and trace for the crash. This information will help immensely in tracking down some remaining bugs.
* Added loading and new game start screens
* Added launch buttons on the title screen (new game, etc.)
* Significant ‘under the hood’ revisions to error checking and data structure that will enable much faster updating and debugging
* Added credits page
* Fixed annoying screen whitespace on title screen and a few other screens
* For a very small # of people (that I know of) mousing over certain systems causes a CTD. I am still investigating.