Well, it’s been a longer wait than I wanted, but finally version .3 is just about here! I wanted to test it as much as I could, and I look forward to more people being able to get farther into the game and to help stamp out the last few known crash bugs!
Imperia V.300 Change Log/Readme
* Please uninstall any previous version of Imperia before installing a new version. I have not yet added patch ability. The good news is that the install is relatively quick.
* I am updating the Sourceforge Imperia wiki periodically and this will be the best document for questions and how to play Imperia. Please refer back to it frequently.
* Fixed numerous issues related to the save/load system
* Fixed an issue where the emperor power was not calculating correctly
* Fixed the ADM increase chance for the emperor – was almost impossible previously
* Added hotkey save/load system. F1 will hot save your current game and F2 will hot load from any point in the game. If there is a game version mismatch, the game will not load.
* Added system information display bar functionality hotkey ‘I’ to toggle between the system info bar displaying in the quadrant display as a player option while I chase down an annoying crash bug that results as a result of the SID bar displaying.
* Due to player request, pressing the ESC key in a screen other than the quadrant screen will act as a right click, i.e. take you one screen out. The ESC key on the quadrant screen will eventually bring up a popup menu that will allow you to exit, load, save, and return to the start menu; for this build, it will exit.
* When an unexpected crash occurs, a log folder is created under your C: directory, called ‘ImperiaLogs’. In addition, a popup window will appear explaining the specific exception and trace for the crash. This information will help immensely in tracking down some remaining bugs.
* Added loading and new game start screens
* Added launch buttons on the title screen (new game, etc.)
* Significant ‘under the hood’ revisions to error checking and data structure that will enable much faster updating and debugging
* Added credits page
* Fixed annoying screen whitespace on title screen and a few other screens
* For a very small # of people (that I know of) mousing over certain systems causes a CTD. I am still investigating.
Wow, just found out about this. Looks pretty amazing. This is probably a dumb question but: How come in the screenshots, the quadrant has the pretty blue galaxy background, but in 2.30 (which I just downloaded), it’s completely black (which has the effect of making the text hard to read)?
Thanks, and looking forward to .3 (and also figuring out how to play 🙂 )
Hi Ben! Welcome to Imperia! The screenshots on the blog are a little out of date. The game revolves around you as a new emperor and the choices you make slowly shape your empire. You have 2 ratings – a tyrannical rating and a nationalist rating. Think of tyrannical as ‘ruling the people for your gain’ and nationalist as ‘ruling you for the people’s gain’. As you make choices and enact Edicts, your empire will gradually shift the UI from black to blue or red depending on your type of rule. Eventually the whole UI will shift based on your rating. Please don’t hesitate to ask questions or offer comments/suggestions – I have already implemented a lot of features based on user request.