Normally, .00x improvements are just minor bug fixes, tweaks, things like that. To be honest, I haven’t heard about any really major issues with the .310 version (yay!) except for a few that I have already fixed, allowing me to spend some time yesterday on some really exciting features that I’ve wanted to add!! I think if I can get one or two more things in, I’ll release this at least on the early-release board on the Imperia forums, and to the general public soon after that.
Here ya go!!
Imperia V.311a Change Log/Readme
* Please uninstall any previous version of Imperia before installing a new version. I have not yet added patch ability. The good news is that the install is relatively quick.
* I am updating the Sourceforge Imperia wiki periodically and this will be the best document for questions and how to play Imperia. Please refer back to it frequently.
* Fixed word-wrap issues with alerts and psystreams
* Fixed issue with outposts that are on too small TDL worlds – they would not add any industry. While this is technically working (what are you doing putting an outpost on such a tiny world?) it is assumed that the outpost is specially designed to make maximum use of the planet’s space
* Fixed clock – bug with displaying AM when it was 12:00 PM
* Major upgrade to Alert system:
- Added ‘click to alert’ functionality – now clicking on an alert will take you directly to that planet
- Right clicking on an alert will move the quadrant screen to the system affected
- Colors have all been changed to reflect seriousness of alert
- Filters have been added to all alert types – icons showing number of alerts for that alert type have been added. You may toggle the alert types at any time to show all, some, or no alerts at all!
- Alerts are now listed in order of severity
* Added color code on Intel screen for planet names – yellow – planet is at 75% total development level capacity, orange – planet is at 90% of capacity, red – planet is at 100% and may not expand without finding new land, removing a sector level, or increasing the bio rating
* Added possibility that very smart viceroys will see that the planet is getting near capacity and on their own initiative reclaim additional land on the planet for development purposes. An alert will also be generated. This function is only the beginning of the emergent character AI (eCAI)
* Added ‘Planning’ trait to viceroys which in conjunction with other traits will make that viceroy more likely to intelligently develop their planet
* Changed traits to display max 3 columns, but with full words. Tooltips are still planned to explain what the traits mean.
* Updated character screen in preparation for character portraits, character wishes, added a row for more actions, and added the Nationalist/Tyrannical psy indicator.
* Changed Character Power to always show the estimated level at least, and color-codes the value (less powerful = green; more powerful = red)
* Changed how Power is calculated for most characters – now their Power directly relates to their holdings, title, and strength of those holdings in preparation for emergent character AI (eCAI)
* Added PoSup calculation for characters in preparation for emergent character AI (eCAI)
* Added beginnings of character portrait system, with aging, sex, and rank changes set as the character moves through their lifetime
* Changed emperor name to generate a random name with appropriate suffix (you don’t have to play as me anymore! 🙂
* Adjusted the granularity of estimated ratings for characters – they will generally be more accurate now, especially at lower levels (this will also help with the wildly oscillating times for Edict completion prediction)
* Recalibrated emperor titles to be more gradual as your continuum changes
* Changed and lowered ADM cost of all development-based edicts (edicts that depend on the TDL of the planet). This results in lowered cost of abandoning planets significantly
* Increased the starting populations of generated worlds
* Increased the starting material stockpiles of generated worlds
* Trying to track down an intermittent issue with abandoning planets – at times a NaN error will occur late in the process. Have not been able to reproduce, but still working on it.
Thanks to all the new visitors to the site – hope you have fun!