The first (true) LP is now live on YouTube. It shows off several of the new gameplay mechanics and Edicts, as well as the military, intel, and character interaction options. Plus, you get to see the most updated UI! Fun, fun, fun!
Here’s the link: http://youtu.be/UJccFfmcSQw
Enjoy!! Expect .410b to be released in a day or two. It’s essentially ready.
Sorry it took a few days longer, but I had some issues with audio mixing and my first attempt was a video that ended up being over an hour long! Going forward, I will post smaller videos that cover different parts of the game; this one is an overview tutorial and shows the current UI. The next video(s) will show a tutorial LP that explains more about how to play, and will be updated as newer versions of the game are completed!
Here is the link:
Enjoy! Oh, and .410 should be available by the end of the week!
Good news everyone – I have drawn a line on .410b and I have sent the build out for a few people to look over before I release it! I will also film the LP later tonight (I have to work tonight – on my b-day no less!) so look for that to be posted by tomorrow.
There are a TON of improvements in this version. Frankly, if you’re been playing .400 or less, you are going to need to relearn a lot of things. Among the major additions, without a complete changelog:
- Totally revamped UI, including detailed event/alert UI
- Military system added (armies and garrisons for now) that affect happiness, security, and can put down riots ruthlessly if needed 🙂
- Revamped character system, added the pressure/persuasion system
- Revamped intel system, split between domestic intel (allows you to know more info about your people on a planet) and political intel (allows you to know more about specific characters and conduct black ops)
- Expanded help/tooltip system
- Balanced to be much less punishing as far as materials and food shortages go
- Character alliances are now in the game (think political parties)
- Characters now have opinions of everyone above and below them in their ‘chain of command’ that affects their mood when you take action against/for someone in that chain
- Characters now have jealousy ratings for everyone else in the game – this will drive their want/wish when that system is introduced
I will be posting some new screen shots tonight as well. I know that I promised that this would be out in November or December, but I have this bad habit of adding more and more stuff and getting distracted from my goals, so I’ve started writing down what I want to get done each day and it’s made a world of difference! (Yes, it’s a hobby and yes it’s free but still). Thank you all for your patience and hopefully everyone will get to play the new build in the next few days!!
Been a busy week at my other (paying) job so haven’t had as much time to work on the game as I wanted. I do want to add the military stances system before I film the LP since I spent so much time getting the foundations into the game to begin with – wouldn’t it be nice if they actually did something? Shouldn’t be too long – in the meantime Pavlos and I have been adding even more graphics – now empire icons are in the game so that you finally have a symbol for your vast Empire!! Also some more tweaks to the UI, all which will be seen very soon. Maybe tomorrow? We’ll see. Thanks for reading!
And while we’re on the subject, I’d love to get your thoughts about what information you want to hear about Imperia. I don’t write sometimes because honestly I have no idea about what people want to know. People are visiting the site, but what do you want to know? Let me know in a comment – I’d appreciate the feedback!
We’re making tremendous progress with the latest build of Imperia so we wanted to show off the new UI, character systems, and military in action!
Look for the link tomorrow on the blog!
UPDATE 1.21 – I’m not quite happy with the stability with all the UI additions, the diplomacy system, generals, and the military system, so I want to get one more day with the code before committing to a LP. I really want to show off all the fun new stuff to its best effect, so I want to have patience. I will be posting some new in-game pictures shortly, though!