Hello! Here are the changelog notes for .7.2.1, which was released today!
7.2.1 Changelog Notes – WIP
- Added: Academy System
- You will now be able to steer the development of your graduating Pops by setting a specialization for a given Planet’s Academies
- New Action: Set Academic Focus – choose a Pop type to set much higher chance that a graduating Pop is that type
- Graduating Pops will have a much lower skill score than older Pops, but will improve quicker with new skill progression system
- Planets must have at least one Academy on the planet to have this Action valid
- The more Academies on a planet, the more graduating Pops that may appear – this is a great way to repopulate a planet to set a long-term focus without the disruption of a Designation
- UI changed to show graduations instead of births, and additional info to show current Academic focus (in the Science/ADM box in the Economic Mode)
- Added: Pop Skill Progression
- Each turn, there is a check for each worker Pop to see if they have a skill increase in their given profession. Younger/less experienced Pops will have a greater chance of adding a point.
- Also affected by the Viceroy’s House Traditions. High Tradition areas are more likely to add a point as well.
- Added: ADM Estimator UI
- On the System view, in Political Mode, there is an added grid that shows what the planet will expect to generate in ADM with a 50 administrative skill viceroy, at each Admin level: 1, 2, 3, and 4.
- Factors in planet unrest and current Administrators skill
- Use to see what effects a higher-ADM character may have on your planet, as well as seeing the potential of a given planet
- Balance: Reduced Pops across the board
- This means that each Pop will be able to produce more, and unrest will be more pronounced. All areas scaled, including economy, infrastructure, Planet Development Level, jobs, output, etc. Not only does this increase performance and make Pops more impactful, but it fits the theme (declining Empire, people dying and leaving for the far lost colonies, leaving the central provinces in decay)
- Migration also lowered to account for fewer pops
- Balance: Reworked Economic/Production Balance
- Should result in more planets with a small deficit or income, fewer ‘huge loss or gain’ planets
- PDL has more impact on a planet economy now.
- Viceroys have a smaller impact on economies now
- Generally more production per planet, but less food. There was an abundance of food.
- Added more Requests/Demands
- Significantly changed the balance of Pops. Reduced Pops across the board. See above.
- Changed size of Small galaxy to include one more Constellation
- Fixed issue where if you did not have enough APs to answer a comm, but you had already opened the Comm, you could never progress the turn
- Fixed (finally) ghost tooltip issue by destroying all tooltips whenever a graphic refresh is requested
- Fixed issue where production and ADM were being incorrectly calculated – it was actually less with a better viceroy
- Fixed issue where planets could have stupid high ADM in the right situation – this has been normalized
- Fixed several bugs with Comm windows
- Fixed zoom issue where once you zoomed into a planet, it would not allow you to zoom as far out
- Fixed a few issues with projects, specifically issue where characters who were working on projects were still available for other projects
- Other small bugs
Please please please please fix the Save/Load feature. The game says its saving, but then no save is found. I don’t care about the fact that every time I scroll over a Superterran world that I’m stuck with an empty infobox. If I could reload, that would not be a problem.
I’d really like to see year 4 ingame.
That missing tool-tip issue has been fixed, sir, in upcoming .7.3.0, release Tuesday! The load issue is actually something I’m working on, but there is a workaround: simply install the game to a user-defined location, any location other than the default, and it will work fine. Also, there will be a patcher skip option if you’re playing offline or just want to keep the current version because you have a good game going, etc.