Good news everyone – I have drawn a line on .410b and I have sent the build out for a few people to look over before I release it! I will also film the LP later tonight (I have to work tonight – on my b-day no less!) so look for that to be posted by tomorrow.
There are a TON of improvements in this version. Frankly, if you’re been playing .400 or less, you are going to need to relearn a lot of things. Among the major additions, without a complete changelog:
- Totally revamped UI, including detailed event/alert UI
- Military system added (armies and garrisons for now) that affect happiness, security, and can put down riots ruthlessly if needed 🙂
- Revamped character system, added the pressure/persuasion system
- Revamped intel system, split between domestic intel (allows you to know more info about your people on a planet) and political intel (allows you to know more about specific characters and conduct black ops)
- Expanded help/tooltip system
- Balanced to be much less punishing as far as materials and food shortages go
- Character alliances are now in the game (think political parties)
- Characters now have opinions of everyone above and below them in their ‘chain of command’ that affects their mood when you take action against/for someone in that chain
- Characters now have jealousy ratings for everyone else in the game – this will drive their want/wish when that system is introduced
I will be posting some new screen shots tonight as well. I know that I promised that this would be out in November or December, but I have this bad habit of adding more and more stuff and getting distracted from my goals, so I’ve started writing down what I want to get done each day and it’s made a world of difference! (Yes, it’s a hobby and yes it’s free but still). Thank you all for your patience and hopefully everyone will get to play the new build in the next few days!!