ADDENDUM: The issue with the original .401 build has been corrected and the build has been reuploaded to Sourceforge. If you have been unable to launch the game, please try this build. There was a file misspelled that caused the issue. Sorry!
Welcome to the latest, newest, most exciting, and hopefully most stable version of Imperia yet!!
While this may appear to be a ‘small’ update, there is a lot of balancing under the hood. If you’ve been frustrated with unrest, please get this build – it gives you more tools to work with as well as makes unrest less punishing.
Here’s the full changelog:
Imperia V.401a Change Log/Readme
* Please uninstall any previous version of Imperia before installing a new version. I have not yet added patch ability. The good news is that the install is relatively quick.
* I am updating the WikiDot Imperia wiki periodically and this will be the best document for questions and how to play Imperia. Please refer back to it frequently.
* Fixed some issues with lower resolutions
* Added numerous new graphics, including planets, starbases, stars, and other spacey things
* Changed some layout/UI items
* Added several new requests for viceroys – ‘Lower Sector Taxes’ will lower taxes on the economic sector (if they agree) – this will allow more money to be spent on redevelopment of the sector and potentially raise the chance that the sector will grow, creating more jobs and items in the long run, with the short-term loss of some revenue. Also added ‘Raise Manufacturing Wages’ and ‘Raise Agriculture Wages’ to assist with unrest.
* Added code to allow beginnings of Military system, including garrisons, ground units, and ships. Note that this will not affect anything you see – yet – but may very slightly increase processing time.
* Changed ‘sector desirability’ number to have more meaning (this is the number next to the sector wage). Basically, if it’s above 1.0, pops will be happy with the pay, anything below 1, they will garner unrest even though they may still choose to work there. This directly relates to the ADL of the planet – so a $1.50 wage in agriculture on a 5 ADL planet will not cut it on a 25 ADL planet, due to the increased development of the planet’s economy and infrastructure. This should help understand why unrest increases and allow you to target specific sectors for your viceroy to work on.
* Added numerous character names with different nationalities for flavor.
* Added more character portraits for flavor.
* Optimized many graphics and removed excess/obsolete code, making the total download under 100Mb!
* Increased maximum Total Development Levels across the board – this made starting smaller planets more room
* Increased population per level of economic sector to 1.2 million
* Tweaked popular support and unrest factors to be less punishing
* Made taxes less of a drag on unrest
* Decreased some Edict costs further, including terraforming and exploration to encourage more empire development
* Decreased # of population required in the gov sector to create a Admin point to 240000 from 300000. This should make it easier to build Admin in less developed planets.
* When loading a game, sometimes the alerts are in the wrong category. This only happens for the current turn and is more annoying than anything. Investigating.
* If you use the mousewheel to scroll up and down intel lists, it also effects the zoom level of the quadrant map. I can fix this, but it will require a rewrite of the zoom function and is not a huge priority at this time.
Enjoy, and as always, I’d love the feedback!!