1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

... use a system/sectors ADM

Discussion in 'How do I...' started by se5a, Aug 9, 2015.

1. se5a

se5a Alpha Tester
    Testing The Galaxy, One Star At A Time

New Zealand
    Sometimes when trying to get an edict on a planet (build a station for instance) the System ADM bit will be blank, even though there is a system governor, and sometimes the system/sector will have ADM points to spend, but wont let you allocate any/all of those points.

2. Texashawk

Texashawk Developer
    Staff Member Developer Forum Admin

United States
    You have to have enough materials on the planet to use them. The edict builder will show you how much materials (and money) are being spent to use ADM 'upriver' so to speak. If the materials are in red, you can't use any more ADM. Also, remember that the ADM shown on that screen is free ADM. If the system/sector is using ADM for other things, then it won't be available until the Edict that is being supported is completed or cancelled, or more ADM is created.

-Steve

3. se5a

se5a Alpha Tester

New Zealand
    Screenshot 2015-08-09 17.47.38.png attached a screenshot.

I'm not quite getting it, does the planet need the materials for the system and sector ADM? how do I build a station on a world that's not generating it's own materials then?

Ok looking at it a bit harder I see that the system and sector are the same planet, so that's why I'm not getting the option to use system points. makes sense there.

I... think I see where it's not got enough materials, there's only 21k available for the sector to spend, it's not showing how much it's going to cost per point anywhere I can see though, wonder how you could show that without cluttering it up, tool tip maybe?
    I guess here is where I need to use the stockpile option.

4. Texashawk

Texashawk Developer

United States
    You have it exactly right. If you click on the up arrow for the sector ADM it will show you how much materials it will take per point. Remember that there's an efficiency loss for using materials and ADM 'up the chain'.

And yes, this would be a perfect point to stockpile materials. :-D

-Steve

5. Texashawk

Texashawk Developer

United States
    By the way, FWIW, you seem to be doing pretty well, Your power is pretty high for only 5 years in, and you've kept your approval rating steady. Nice job!

-Steve

6. se5a

se5a Alpha Tester

New Zealand
    Thanks, this is the best I've done so far. I've got a System governor and a Planetary Vice that don't like me too much, unfortunately they're really popular so I'm loath to get rid of them. I might just leave them to stew in their own juices while I work on expanding other parts of the empire.
    Edit: looks like I've gone as far as I can with this one, possibly another load/save bug as it crashes when looking at a specific planet or advancing to the next month.

In the above example, I'm unable to click up on the sector due to not having enough sector Mats, confusingly however, if I use Empire ADM it's using Planetary Mats before the Empire Mats, I'm not getting that option at the sector level though.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2015