1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

POTW: Plan Of The Week - W/E 6.20.15

Discussion in 'Developer's Corner' started by Texashawk, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Texashawk

Texashawk Developer
    Staff Member Developer Forum Admin

United States
    Hey all!

So I know it's not Sunday night, but I got behind a little bit. Please remember that this is not a full-time job; in fact I already have a full time job as well as being married, so I have to be focused on the time I spend with Imperia daily. That said, I feel that I had a productive week. Here's a line-item of what I want to get done this week:

• Finish planet trait XML database
    • Finish planet trait data class
    • Update planet generation data with updated generation parameters (mainly to dial down rare and heavy minerals)
    • Add star specials
    • Update star generation data
    • Add pop objects and start creating algorithm to populate regions with pops
    • Complete civ objects
    • Continue to work on idea class
    • Start work on idea XML database
    • Add system generation location algorithm (for now, it will keep stars spaced reasonably; soon it will create constellations)
    • Release .014a for testing
    • Add system nebulas
    A challenging list, but I already have some of it done from last week. I plan to release .014a on Wednesday or Thursday - there's one little issue with nebulas overlapping that I have to fix with a location generation tweak, but other than that everything is running great! Pavlos' planets are looking fantastic and we should have some planet screen graphics to show soon!

We are going to need your ideas soon - we are locking down some key concepts and we'd like your input! I want to talk about a core concept tomorrow regarding how data is presented to you, the emperor. We think it's really cool and we'd like to know what you think!

-Steve

Last edited: Jun 20, 2015