1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Guy's Thoughts

Discussion in 'Imperia Feedback' started by bmorris2, Feb 27, 2015.

1. bmorris2

bmorris2 Alpha Tester
    Testing The Galaxy, One Star At A Time

United States
    Hello:
    Ok, so I've been playing Imperia now for all of about a day and here are some thoughts.
    • The UI is confusing. I thought the escape key would close out mini-windows, but doesn't. Boxes need to have an "X" or something in them so we know how to close them out. Right-clicking them is very counter-intuitive. Honestly, I think improving the UI should be a high priority because it is really confusing. Not quite Master of Orion 3 confusing, but close.
    • Less color. I'm color-blind and all the colors appear gray and make things really hard to read. I realize I'm a small minority, but I would focus on making things more consistent. For what it is worth, more than 1 in 12 men are color-blind and the most common form of it falls along the red-green lines. I'd move to either using blues or going with a more black-white space look.
    • Can you make it so we can at least decide our own name? I know it will happen eventually, but it would be fun to have sooner than later.
    • I like the title "the little one". Does that change over time or can you get others?
    • There needs to be a few more options you can do 1 with ADM. I am finding myself frequently with 1 ADM and finding there is not a lot to do if I've not already started intel networks (which I think are the only things you can do with 1 ADM).
    • Someone already mentioned it, but the horizontal buttons just seems weird. Maybe move the Emperor's picture to the right and put the buttons on the left side vertically?
    • I find myself doing more with the people and less edicts. I know it might seem weird, but maybe having a personal ADM and an Empire ADM. It would allow people to do empire wide stuff and still do some personal actions. You could pour your Personal ADM into Empire ADM but not the other way around.
    • I still find it hard to do things with General's. They are super buried in my opinion and hard to find. I always find it amusing when I get a General's support because I keep forgetting they are there.

2. bmorris2

bmorris2 Alpha Tester

United States
    Another thought, the pictures seem out of place. For example, you have a young, modern looking emperor whose picture is in many places but then english nobles with white wigs in other places. Seems inconsistent.

3. Texashawk

Texashawk Developer
    Staff Member Developer Forum Admin

United States

4. bmorris2

bmorris2 Alpha Tester

United States
    I do think the "ESC" key should exit a window in addition to adding the "X" box to close out a window. It's kind of common place and also is pretty intuitive.

I'll look into what could be done for 1ADM. Also, didn't know till reading another post that entering the character screen costs 1ADM. I agree with that poster that it's a bad idea, especially since it's not really posted anywhere that it would do that. So, it cost me 1 ADM to pop up a screen and then more ADM to talk with them. By that logic, it should cost 1 ADM to pop up the planetary edict screen, or more information on a planet.

The buttons I was talking about was on the opening screen (load a saved game, start new, credits).

I think it would be a good idea in the Emperor screen to be able to click on political allies and enemies and open up their character screen.

For those of us with smaller resolutions, there needs to be a way to move around the map easier. Arrow keys or WASD or something to help move around the map would be good.

Seems to be a lot of randomness in starting variety. I've started with anywhere from 3 to 7 sectors. I've also see New Terra start with anywhere from 78 to 220 ADM.

Typo:
    "It is said that the most adventerous people journey here." Adventerous should be adventurous. It is in a planetary description if it helps for tracking it down.

Demographic is calculating wrong or just has a placeholder for planetary information. It says 1.0m but my population is over 7.1b.

I'll find more stuff. :)

5. Texashawk

Texashawk Developer

United States

6. bmorris2

bmorris2 Alpha Tester

United States
    Ok, I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but...
    • How about an options screen where you can do things like turn the sound on/off, sound volume, change resolution, save/load game, etc... type of stuff. That would be useful (especially sound).

damunzy likes this.
  7. Texashawk

Texashawk Developer

United States
    Coming about the same time you will be able to set new game options. Probably around .5...

-Steve

8. bmorris2

bmorris2 Alpha Tester

United States
    Alright, another request. How about a short-cut command to take screen shots or a way to dump empire stats into a csv or xml file.

Ok, some more things I've found:
    • Mouseover the crown icon for popular support and it shows the tooltip for galactic date.
    • There are tool tips for galactic date, ADM, popular support, and cash, but not for the three types of other stuff (pragmatic, tyranical, and the other one). Seems like all of them should have tool tips.

9. bmorris2

bmorris2 Alpha Tester

United States
    One last thing. An Emperor with Ambition of 1? How'd he become Emperor? :)

10. bmorris2

bmorris2 Alpha Tester

United States
    Ok, this was just weird. I had a sector governor named Penny Zapronec whose picture was of an older black gentleman. Seemed a bit off.

11. pavlosg

pavlosg Art Director
    Staff Member Developer Artist Forum Admin

Greece
    Bmorris,

I do not understand ! Do you mean you never go around socializing while cross-dressed ?
    Steve has met many gentlemen named Penny in charity happenings around Texas -I shall not divulge his own alias in those occasions (it is Sissy the imperatrix).

More seriously... well, almost, there will be neutered, transgender and hermaphrodite emperors and characters in the game. Expect more awkwardness in the game in the near future :)

take care,
    Svetlana

damunzy likes this.
  12. damunzy

damunzy Viceroy-in-Training

United States
    Add another player in desperate need of turning off the sound and running the game in windowed mode- options are very appreciated but I understand that it takes time. :) I like to have games running on one screen while doing work on my other screen.

13. bmorris2

bmorris2 Alpha Tester

United States
    That sounds like me alright.

14. damunzy

damunzy Viceroy-in-Training

United States