1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Introducing myself

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by Erendir, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Erendir

Erendir Alpha Tester
    Testing The Galaxy, One Star At A Time

United States
    Hello,

I learned about this game just a few days ago by accident: someone mentioned it in the chat of Arumba's stream. And I immediately loved the theme! (It also made me nostalgic, so I'll probably reread Dune, Vorkosigan Saga, The Star Kings and The Foundation).

I'm from Ukraine, live in Germany for about 13 years, I studied mathematics and now work as software developer.

I'd really like to play this game... So... pretty please? :)

2. dirkgently

dirkgently Lord of Statistics
    Staff Member Developer Forum Admin Testing The Galaxy, One Star At A Time

United Kingdom
    Hi Erendir! We should be putting out closed alphas again soon - if you're interested in helping us test them, we'd be glad to have you on board! Who's Arumba?

3. Texashawk

Texashawk Developer
    Staff Member Developer Forum Admin

United States
    Hello Erendir! Welcome to the community! I'll be posting some specific info on the alpha program soon. Love your interest!

-Steve

4. Erendir

Erendir Alpha Tester

United States
    I am really very interested in testing and in helping make this game as beautiful as it can be.
    I have a question though: should I try the old builds of the game or better wait for the new ones?

Arumba is a YouTuber and occasional streamer, he plays Europa Universalis 4 a lot, Crusader Kings 2 in last time only a little and other games.

5. Erendir

Erendir Alpha Tester

United States
    Looking forward to it!

6. dirkgently

United Kingdom
    Thanks for turning us on to him! When we've got something to Let's Play he'll be on our list. The original Imperia prototype is actually quite a different game to what we're working on currently - it was built in XNA rather than Unity, and a lot of the mechanics involved have been iterated upon to the point of unrecognisability. The Unity alphas are in some ways less fully implemented than it is, and in some ways more. I guess what I'm saying is, it'll give you a general flavour of what we're after, but what we're working on is almost more like a sequel to it than a development of it. (Incidentally, Imperia actually is a sequel - to a solitaire board game called Star Requiem that Steve made a while back: <http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/122248/star-requiem-humanitys-last-stand>)

7. Erendir

Erendir Alpha Tester

United States
    in this case add Quill18 too (he does let's plays for EU4, CK2, the new Master of Orion etc; although Dwarf Fortress and Aurora4x).

well, I think I get the flavour by reading the development diaries, so I'll wait until there is a new alpha. (and in the meantime: that board game looks interesting).

8. dirkgently

United Kingdom
    Quill18's already on our list of people to contact - good shout!