1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Great idea for a game about not omniscient ruler

Discussion in 'Imperia Feedback' started by Strategiusz, Jul 5, 2015.

1. Strategiusz

Strategiusz Viceroy-in-Training

Poland
    I always want to try a game when a player is a king and he doesn't direct everything personally. In my idea every information the king has comes from other characters or the king must to check things really personally. Every character has skills and a bad economist can even think that economy goes very well, when in fact people are starving. When the king has poor military skill he don't know how to put good generals in charge because he don't know who is good, because he has no idea about military. I have an idea about better knowing characters by spending more time with them. OMG it looks like the author of Imperia has almost the same idea!

2. Texashawk

Texashawk Developer
    Staff Member Developer Forum Admin

United States
    Hey Strategiusz!

Yes, that's just about the idea for Imperia. In the final version you will absolutely be able to move to different planets, even board a flagship to go to battle. Not that it's always a smart idea, but by doing so you will have to balance risk/reward between being 'on the spot' and possible risks to going somewhere where you're not very popular....

Welcome aboard!

-Steve