1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

An open letter of support

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by quarantinetimer, Jun 4, 2016.

1. quarantinetimer

quarantinetimer Viceroy-in-Training

Hong Kong
    To Steve and his Staff,

I have been in the possession of an Imperia Classic copy in my drive for about six months, which had apparently been left by the previous owner of my machine. I was intrigued by the unique character mechanics and was awed by the promises in the devblog. Finally, something free and high-quality!

When the switch to unity and complete restart from scratch to design a commercial product. It came as a bit of a shock. The first thing I realized is the fact that I will probably be unable to pay for it, and then immediately feeling very guilty and embarrassed for that thought.

My final thought was one of unconditional support. Steve, what you are doing here is visionary and in my opinion, constitutes a mastery level piece of the 4x genre. I am confident that your efforts will be rewarded, not just in terms of the monetary side of things, but in status, reputation and all that is appropriate.

Sincerely yours,
    Quarantinetimer

P.S. May I request a price range for the final product?

dirkgently likes this.
  2. Texashawk

Texashawk Developer
    Staff Member Developer Forum Admin

United States
    Hey Quarantinetimer!

Welcome to the forum and thanks for playing the game! The decision to take Imperia commercial was not a light one, I assure you. It came down to being able to make the game into something worthy of the idea, and that meant art, music, support, etc. that wouldn't be present with a free product. We all appreciate your support and honestly, the best way you can support us is to spread the word (forums, message boards, game clubs, etc) even if you do not plan to purchase the game!

While we haven't finalized the price, we do know we will be offering an early release version later this year which should be no higher than $25. Plans may change, but that's where we are leaning at this time.

-Steve